Almost

Pandora is a wonderful music app that I use on my phone every day.  It actually gets me through my day! And although I listen to a variety of stations, depending on my mood, the Tamia station is my absolute favorite and the one I listen to most.  Not too lovey dovey but its mellow enough to keep me jamming throughout the day! For the most part the rotation is not repetitive but these last few days “Almost” a song by Tamia plays at least twice and I’m not sure if I’m paying more attention to the lyrics because it’s very relevant to a recent situation… but the words really have me thinking about a certain someone.

Here’s the chorus:
I missed the times that we almost shared
I miss the love that was almost there
I miss the times that we use to kiss
At least in my dreams
Just let me take my time and reminisce I miss the times that we never had
What happened to us we were almost there
Whoever said it's impossible to miss when you never had
Never almost had you  

Whatever happens to the ones who get away? I haven’t had very many “Almost” experiences since I’ve been dating but the one I did have was great! It was a wonderful feeling to date someone who I felt genuinely liked me as much as I liked him… I didn’t feel the need to hold back or follow any dating rules, with this one, I was too afraid of not saying enough, so I laid it ALL out on the table. But for some reason things kept going wrong. And at first I tried to use these “mishaps” as bumps in the road to test my true interest in this person but they continued! Things would go great, and the feelings I got when I was around him, ridiculous… But after a while something else would go wrong. 

I really couldn’t understand what was going on… My family and friends were not happy with my involvement with him and usually I value their opinions but there was no stopping me from spending time with this man! It just felt way too good when I was around him! And for the first time… HE LIKED ME TOO! LOL Yall know my issues have been finding someone who I am interested in, just as much as they are interested in me, and I was so excited because I thought that I had finally found that! Well, I guess I was wrong, because everything was “almost” there… I feel like some higher power was intervening whispering “This isn’t the one..” I say whisper because it took me a while to actually listen. 

Some things just aren’t meant to be.  And the fact that “this one” didn’t work out makes me a little sad…  I still think about him sometimes and what could have been, and every time I think back to what we “almost” had I realized that it simply took too much effort.  And although I still like him, I realize that we will never truly be anything because “almost” doesn’t count…

Table for One please… wanting it ALL… Love me or leave me alone :-)

BACK TO HAPPY TIP: Our conscious tells us things… and if we just listen, we might avoid a little heartache.

Comments

  1. Whew girl! You hit home with this one. Don't I know about "almost" but like you said, "almost doesn't count".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"If you're really a prince, I'll marry you..."

Weddings & Babies... Weddings & Babies...

The BEST OF Table 4 One: The MILK and The HONEY