Hello...Good Morning!?!


I was going to write about something totally different today, but all of the random “Good Morning” texts I received this morning completely changed my mind!  Now, I’m not sure if I’m the only one this happens to, but what’s up with this dreaded “Good Morning” text!?!
What does it mean?  Are these guys really thinking of me?  Are they just being polite?  Is it game?  How many other chicks are getting the same text?  I mean seriously, I am not personally affected by these random “acts” of kindness, but I used to be…
Once upon a time, there was a girl…A girl whose daily mood completely depended on an insignificant “Good Morning” text!  It was so stupid, now that I think about it, how I could be so naïve!?!  But it made me feel valued, cared for and thought of.  I would really look forward to it every morning and if I didn’t get it, I was completely pissed and he had hell to pay!  How could I let this tiny gesture effect my ENTIRE DAY!  I was giving him all of my power, but why?  Well, somewhere deep down in my heart I wanted to be loved and desired by SOMEONE…Even if it wasn’t sincere!  So, I took what I could get!
I was immediately snapped back into reality when I realized this was a MASS text!  Meaning, I WAS NOT the only person receiving this “oh-so-precious” text…It was all a façade, a trick, GAME!  So now I no longer allow these “acts” to effect my day!  Although, I no longer speak to Mr. Good Morning there are plenty more where he came from!
Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t think that all “Good Morning” texts are used as “game.” Some people actually do think of me enough to say good morning.  It’s refreshing to know that I am thought of by people who aren’t looking for something in return.  They simply want to let me know that I am thought of and I appreciate that!
So, whether these random texts are sincere or merely blowing smoke, it doesn’t matter because I will no longer allow the actions of others to have the power to affect me!

Table for one please…All of me, no holds barred!  Love me or leave me alone :-)

BACK TO HAPPY TIP: Do something kind for someone…And when they smile, so will you!

Comments

  1. OMG... I promise as I read this blog, I received a "goodmorning" text... No Lie! I truly can relate here and despite receiving one this morning, I have made it clear to my male "friends" that it's ok to send one every once in a while, but I would rather them not start anything they can't finish... Simply because, I don't want to get to the point where I am expecting a message daily. I have been in that situation where I would look forward to it and had questions if I didn't receive it... I think it's a nice gesture, but doesn't need to be overused...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post Court! When it comes to these texts/calls, I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt...You know I had "area codes"! LMBO!!! Now my "Good Morning" texts only come from my hubby. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a Man's perspective I will say that you have 2 different "Good Morning" texters so to speak. I will admit that I have been the mass texter sending several women the same text, or hell sometimes the text may even be different but with the same intent or meaning but going to several different women all in the same day. But then there were times to where only 1 woman was worthy of my "Good Morning" text. There was only 1 woman that I could not wait to find out how her day had started. Before I could wipe the sleep out of my eyes and brush the morning breath out my mouth, my first act upon waking up was to reach over, grab my phone, and send 2 words "Good Morning." It was genuine and it was real. So I guess it all depends on where that person is in their life, and I say "THAT PERSON" because I know some females who are out here "mass texting" as well. LOL But I guess like Courtney stated you can't let such simple words have so much power over your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. X, I completely understand what you are saying, some people deserve better treatment than others... LOL I just know that I happen to be one of the ones who does! I ok with the GM texts if they are genuine and especially for me, but other than that I aint tryna hear it! Thanks for the clarification, you have just further validated my point! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"If you're really a prince, I'll marry you..."

Weddings & Babies... Weddings & Babies...

The BEST OF Table 4 One: The MILK and The HONEY