Lights, Camera, FASHION!

Christmas is just around the corner and my spirit of giving has become very personal!  I have been shopping like I actually have extra money to spend!  Of course, while shopping for all my friends and family, I’ve found a few (meaning several) new items for myself!  It’s so sad… but I find it very hard to say “no” to shiny new things!

I am by no means a fashionista, but I would say that I am fashion forward!  I wouldn’t say that I am always on top of what’s hot or not, but I definitely make it work!  I’ve been bitten by the online shopping bug and have somehow found myself in shopaholic hell!  An addictive personality and free shipping DO NOT mix!

This is very, very serious!  But, the funny thing is… I make the best excuses!  LOL  I have 5 great reasons to justify my wallet-busting habits!

1. I’m single…I need to be cute when I go out!
2. The seasons change so often; I have to be prepared.
3. I must have shoes to match the clothes! (I can’t go out in a cute outfit and no shoes!)
4. As a growing professional, I need to have clothing that is appropriate for the workplace.
5. (Last, but not least) Any outfit posted on Facebook is archived and can never be worn again!

I love talking to my friends about fashion, getting and giving advice!  I know my closest friend’s complete closets and often find myself styling them…piecing outfits together for them, so we can all be cute!  I’m not selfish… I like for us to all walk in the room and turn heads!  LBVS… My crew DOES NOT have an “ugly friend!”

My mom is the cutest thing in the world!  I remember admiring her fashion sense when I was a little girl…she has great style!  Now that we are “friends” we talk fashion all of the time!  I am expected to come to her house every weekend before I go out, so she can see what I have on!  LOL  She’s so cute; she always has something great to say like, “Whoa, look at those legs!” or “You need a little more cleavage!”… LOVE HER!

I have to admit I cheat a little when it comes to staying on top of things!  I follow a great blog that concentrates strictly on fashion and spotlights the best and latest fashion trends!
(My friends & family think I come up with all of this fashion advice on my own… LOL)

Pearlie’s Fashion Passion is written by Natalie Dianne, a fabulous fashionista, who is dedicated to sharing her love of fashion with all of her followers!  She is a self-proclaimed diva on a budget with the ability to make off-the-rack fashions (i.e. Wal-Mart, Target, TJ Maxx, Marshall's...anywhere) red carpet ready.  She lives in what she describes as the “armpit of the United States”, Wichita, KS (a diva's nightmare), and would love to eventually work full-time in the fashion industry as a celebrity stylist!  CHECK HER OUT!


I have learned to have fun while discovering my fashion fingerprint… I try not to follow trends but it’s so hard not to!  You look up one day and realize you have jumped completely on the bandwagon!  Animal prints have completely made a comeback and I have been in leopard print heaven for a while now!  I have always loved leopard print, but when the rest of the world began to love it, I was ecstatic!  I have a leopard print wallet, clutch, socks, undies, shoes, shirts, dresses, earrings and anything else I saw in the stores that was leopard print!  I even have a leopard print heart tattoo!  Leopard print is my favorite color…LOL!

So, I was very saddened to see the other night while watching E! News that the animal print trend is up and will not be as prominent in 2012!  UGH!  I wanted to scream… I am having so much fun wearing my sexy prints and now they will probably slowly fade away.  But, I will not fret because I’m still gonna rock all of my favorite things until the trend circles back around!  At some point, you have to disobey the rules, which I don’t do often (but that’s a completely different post) and do what makes you happy!

In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. -Coco Chanel

I am having a blast discovering new ways to be fashionable.  I was very conservative when I was in a relationship and this single life has turned my style upside down!  I’m having a blast living my life… and I’m looking kind of cute while I’m doing it too!  LOL

Table for one please… finding my way… love me or leave me alone!

BACK TO HAPPY TIP:  Take a fashion risk… You might discover a new you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"If you're really a prince, I'll marry you..."

Weddings & Babies... Weddings & Babies...

A Forgiving Heart