No Resolutions Needed

“Your dreams about the future are quite intense now, bringing excitement one minute and worry the next.  You’re beginning to realize that your plans are not unfolding as expected.  But rather than feeling discouraged or defeated, try to see this as an opportunity to reinvent yourself according to your vision and not someone else’s.  Let go of past goals that are no longer meaningful. Instead, get ready to step into the year ahead by setting new priorities for your life.”
I wanted to share my horoscope from yesterday with you because it was very fitting for today’s post.  I have been thinking about 2012 rapidly approaching and the things I want for myself in the New Year.  As I began to think of what I wanted everything on that list was in some way connected to “things’ in my past…
How can you have a future if your past is still present??
2012 is a new year, with new beginnings and I will have a new state of mind! I partied like a freakin ROCKSTAR in 2011 (partly to keep my mind off of the past) and I had a blast doing so, but 2012 will be different! Not in the typical “I’m going to lose 20lbs” or “I’m going to save a set amount of money” way but in a more focused and grounded way.
I plan to focus on me and not try so hard to please others.  Everyone is not going to be happy with Courtney all of the time and I’m not going to kill myself trying to make that happen! Have you ever tried to please others before pleasing yourself?? Well, it ain’t fun and although the “2011 Me” was a people pleaser the “2012 Me” will not be!  There are going to be some angry people in 2012 because I am definitely bringing the focus back to me!
I also plan to be more patient, not to be in such a hurry for things to happen in my life…Be it love, career moves, living arrangements or whatever! Good things come to those who wait and I am learning to be grateful for the “now” because, truth is, there’s someone patiently waiting to be where I already am!
2012 will come with great changes and challenges I’m sure, but not because of some unrealistic goals or resolutions I plan to set for myself, but because I am giving it no choice but to be better than my past!
Table for One please…looking forward not back…Love me or leave or leave me alone!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
BACK TO HAPPY TIP: Don’t set unrealistic goals…Set attainable ones and when they are achieved you’ll feel FANTASTIC!!

Comments

  1. YOU R SOOOOOOO RIGHT, I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER KEPT A RESOLUTION. REALISTIC GOALS R MUCH BETTER. GREAT POINTS. KEEP U THE GOOD WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post...But, I am actually gonna make AND stick to my resolution(s) for 2012!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"If you're really a prince, I'll marry you..."

Weddings & Babies... Weddings & Babies...

The BEST OF Table 4 One: The MILK and The HONEY