Actions Speak

I am a person of action… I really don’t like to say what I am going to; I JUST DO IT! Have you ever had someone get your hopes up about something and never come through?!? As a child, I was very blessed with parents who very rarely let this happen, so it’s not something I’m used to! Call me spoiled, but that’s how I was raised.
I expect the same thing with all of my interactions with people whether it’s friends, coworkers or family… but especially from someone I am dating. Why make false promises? Now, don’t get me wrong, I know things happen and you can’t always do the things you intend on doing… But I am speaking of the fairy tale builders and the ones who lay it on thick because they have other intentions. This is utterly ridiculous and I know it happens, because not only has it happened to me, but I have spoken to men who say that this is what they do!
“I just tell them what I could do for them and they give me what I want just because I say I’m gonna do something!”
Come on now ladies, we have got to do better! We are worth so much more than a promise! I have never been one to be excited because a man has money or owns a fancy car, why would that excite me?!? It’s theirs, not mine…  I’d much rather have someone who is going to be honest about their intentions and not use material things to lure me in. To be honest with you, I’d much rather you show me the type of person you are, than flaunt what YOU have in my face!
I am a person of action and what truly keeps me interested and willing to open up when dating someone is consistency and validation. Meaning… I need proof! Don’t tell me what you are going to do for me, just do it!  Because the “girl” in me is going to get excited and hopeful for what could be empty promises and I’d rather save myself the disappointment, because as much as I try not to imagine some wonderful “fairy tale like” dating situation when thinking about what I want, it happens.  And I’ve been disappointed in the past, so I’ve learned not to get my hopes up!
Chrisette Michele (one of my favorite artists) has a song called “What You Do” and I love it… It’s so blunt and speaks to this very subject!

All I’m saying is fellas, if you are going to make promises, be sure that you are able to keep them. If not, just… “Say with your actions…” she’ll appreciate that much more… I promise!
Table for One please… The proof is in the pudding… Love me or leave me alone!
BACK TO HAPPY TIP:  Learn to love yourself! When you love yourself it shows and it will be that much easier for someone else to love you too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"If you're really a prince, I'll marry you..."

A Forgiving Heart

Weddings & Babies... Weddings & Babies...