Now, That's Beautiful!

I often speak of how much of a “girlie girl” I am… and it’s true!! I love jewelry, make-up, shoes, shopping, love stories, musicals, and anything that sparkles! I love being a girl; I get to wear dresses for no reason at all and smile at cute guys whenever I feel like it!

When it comes to dating, I have found that most men appreciate the fact that I am “girlie”! The men I attract like to see me dressed up and womanly in my skirts and heels! And I take FULL advantage! 

I am definitely not the “I am woman, hear me roar!” type of woman though. I like to feel taken care of…gas pumped, tires changed, car washed, boxes lifted, and all of that good stuff. I did have an independent woman moment a few months ago when I put windshield wiper fluid in my car though! LOL! But seriously, I am no “damsel in distress”, however; I do love to feel like a woman!

I mostly take pride in the fact that I am a black woman! I often joke with my bestie that I am a regular black chick…Not dark or light, fat or skinny, nothing to make a huge fuss over…I’m just a regular cute black woman! My mother; now, she’s a show stopper and always has been. 

Please don’t take my description of myself for something that it’s not! I love myself… I love my BLACK! My BLACK…Now, that’s beautiful!!

''There is a kind of strength that is almost frightening in black women. It's as if a steel rod runs right through the head down to the feet.'' – Maya Angelou

I’m so grateful that my strength, the strength that inevitably comes from being raised by strong black women, does not compromise my womanly nature! But we all have weak moments, moments when we have to lean on others for strength…friends, family, and sometimes strangers! I know I use the actions of others as examples, not that I’m looking to “copy” them, but I want to gain from their strengths and learn from their mistakes. 

I found that lately, people value my opinion. My presence, words, thoughts, and “being” is appreciated and that is a wonderful feeling! I often question my worth, my value, my purpose and I think I’m finally learning what that is…being a black woman and knowing the responsibility that comes along with it, makes me all the more special!

I’m so grateful to be a black woman; I wouldn’t have it any other way. Kissed by the sun, hips hugged by the lingering consumption of soul food, and smiles so contagious that everyone around me follows suit! I love my black; my black is strong, my black is beyond comparison, and undeniably, my black is ME!

Being a woman is wonderful, but being a BLACK WOMAN is an honor and privilege... Now, that's beautiful!

Table for One please…So grateful… Love me or leave me alone…

BACK TO HAPPY TIP:  It’s okay to toot your own horn, every once in a while! Someone’s gotta do it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"If you're really a prince, I'll marry you..."

A Forgiving Heart

Weddings & Babies... Weddings & Babies...