Single BLACK Female (Part 2)

As I mentioned previously I have asked some fellow writers to voice their opinion on the strongly opinionated article that I spoke of last week.

http://survivingdating.com/black-churches-how-black-churches-keep-african-american-women-single-and-alone

Here’s what Nakita Jackson had to say!

As a black woman and preacher’s kid I was thoroughly offended by every preconceived notion in this article. Truth be told, the only fact in the whole article was the video she was bashing…the rest was the ravings of one very bitter woman. I don’t have blind unwavering faith in black men or the black church, first of all that goes against the word of God. The word obviously states (had she bothered to open a bible) that you are to put your faith in no man and entity only God.

Psalms 146:3 - Put not your trust in princes, or in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

So it’s not the black woman sitting in church every Sunday that is being brainwashed and placated, it’s the ones reading this article based on no fact, but a person’s feelings and prejudices. She argues that men in the role of spiritual leaders are the ones brainwashing black women, so what about the thousands of women pastors preaching the same doctrine? Have they been brainwashed by some random man before them? What surprises me the most is her suggestion to leave your church and focus on your own needs.

So you want me to stop acknowledging God, stop serving and worshipping Him, and then steal His job? This is ridiculous, because focusing on my needs means that I no longer trust my God to do what he clearly promises He would…

Philippians 4:19 - And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Or maybe I should start attending a Caucasian church because obviously they’re preaching something different (a scary thought) and all of the black women in their churches are clearly married! Smh…

I would advise Ms. Deborrah to take an introspective look at herself… I am not quite sure where her bitterness with the church lies, but she needs to heal in more ways than one! Black women are not single and lonely because of black churches. First and foremost loneliness is a state of mind; I am single but never alone. Secondly I know she advocates complete self-absorption and selfishness but being single is not a bad thing. It gives you time to focus on yourself and God, as well as prepare yourself for marriage, which requires everything but self-absorption and selfishness.

 If you take her advice when God does send your husband you will be too self-absorbed to notice or minister to his needs. I’ll be praying for you Ms. Deborrah I think this is just the outward manifestation of something deeper and the God you’re bashing is the only one who can heal you and make you whole.

~ Nakita Jackson (A God loving BLACK WOMAN)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"If you're really a prince, I'll marry you..."

A Forgiving Heart

Weddings & Babies... Weddings & Babies...